Scrabble word: ALLOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALLOW exist?
Definitions of ALLOW in dictionaries:
- verb - make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- verb - consent to, give permission
- verb - let have
- verb - give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- verb - make a possibility or provide opportunity for
- verb - allow or plan for a certain possibility
- verb - afford possibility
- verb - allow the other (baseball) team to score
- verb - grant as a discount or in exchange
- verb - allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting
- To let do or happen; permit: We allow smoking only in restricted areas.
- To permit the presence of: No pets are allowed inside.
- To permit to have: allow oneself a little treat.
- To make provision for; assign: The schedule allows time for a coffee break.
- To plan for in case of need: allow two inches in the fabric for shrinkage.
- To grant as a discount or in exchange: allowed me 20 dollars on my old word processor.
- Chiefly Upper Southern U.
- To admit, grant: I allowed as how he was right.
- To suppose: “We allow he’s straight” (American Speech).
- To assert: Mother allowed that we’d better come in for dinner.
- To offer a possibility; admit: The poem allows of several interpretations.
- To take a possibility into account; make allowance: In calculating profit, retailers must allow for breakage and spoilage.
- verb - to put no obstacle in the way of