Scrabble word: ALLOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALLOW exist?
Definitions of ALLOW in dictionaries:
- verb - make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- verb - consent to, give permission
- verb - let have
- verb - give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause
- verb - make a possibility or provide opportunity for
- verb - allow or plan for a certain possibility
- verb - afford possibility
- verb - allow the other (baseball) team to score
- verb - grant as a discount or in exchange
- verb - allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting
- To let do or happen; permit: We allow smoking only in restricted areas.
- To permit the presence of: No pets are allowed inside.
- To permit to have: allow oneself a little treat.
- To make provision for; assign: The schedule allows time for a coffee break.
- To plan for in case of need: allow two inches in the fabric for shrinkage.
- To grant as a discount or in exchange: allowed me 20 dollars on my old word processor.
- Chiefly Upper Southern U.
- To admit, grant: I allowed as how he was right.
- To suppose: “We allow he’s straight” (American Speech).
- To assert: Mother allowed that we’d better come in for dinner.
- To offer a possibility; admit: The poem allows of several interpretations.
- To take a possibility into account; make allowance: In calculating profit, retailers must allow for breakage and spoilage.
- verb - to put no obstacle in the way of
There are 5 letters in ALLOW: A L L O W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ALLOW
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ALLOW plus a wildcard: ALLOW?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ALLOW
Images for ALLOW
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.