Scrabble word: STANDARD
In which Scrabble dictionary does STANDARD exist?
Definitions of STANDARD in dictionaries:
- noun - a basis for comparison
- noun - the ideal in terms of which something can be judged
- noun - a board measure = 1980 board feet
- noun - the value behind the money in a monetary system
- noun - an upright pole or beam (especially one used as a support)
- noun - any distinctive flag
- adj - conforming to or constituting a standard of measurement or value
- adj - commonly used or supplied
- adj - established or well-known or widely recognized as a model of authority or excellence
- adj - conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers
- adj - regularly and widely used or sold
- The ensign of a chief of state, nation, or city.
- A long, tapering flag bearing heraldic devices distinctive of a person or corporation.
- An emblem or flag of an army, raised on a pole to indicate the rallying point in battle.
- The colors of a mounted or motorized military unit.
- An acknowledged measure of comparison for quantitative or qualitative value; a criterion.
- An object that under specified conditions defines, represents, or records the magnitude of a unit.
- The set proportion by weight of gold or silver to alloy metal prescribed for use in coinage.
- The commodity or commodities used to back a monetary system.
- A degree or level of requirement, excellence, or attainment.
- Often stan- dards.
- A grade level in elementary schools.
- A pedestal, stand, or base.
- The large upper petal of the flower of a pea or related plant.
- One of the narrow, upright petals of an iris.
- A shrub or small tree that through grafting or training has a single stem of limited height with a crown of leaves and flowers at its apex.
- A composition that is continually used in repertoires.
- Serving as or conforming to a standard of measurement or value.
- Widely recognized as a model of authority or excellence: a standard reference work.
- Acceptable but of less than top quality: a standard grade of beef.
- Normal, familiar, or usual: the standard excuse.
- Commonly used or supplied: standard car equipment.
- Conforming to established educated usage in speech or writing.
- noun - an established measure of comparison