Scrabble word: SPONGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPONGE exist?
Definitions of SPONGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used
- noun - someone able to acquire new knowledge and skills rapidly and easily
- noun - a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage
- noun - primitive multicellular marine animal whose porous body is supported by a fibrous skeletal framework
- verb - wipe with a sponge, so as to clean or moisten
- verb - ask for and get free
- verb - erase with a sponge
- verb - soak up with a sponge
- verb - gather sponges, in the ocean
- Any of numerous aquatic, chiefly marine invertebrate animals of the phylum Porifera, characteristically having a porous skeleton composed of fibrous material or siliceous or calcareous spicules and often forming irregularly shaped colonies attached to an underwater surface.
- The light, fibrous, flexible, absorbent skeleton of certain of these organisms, used for bathing, cleaning, and other purposes.
- Porous plastics, rubber, cellulose, or other material, similar in absorbency to this skeleton and used for the same purposes.
- A gauze pad used to absorb blood and other fluids, as in surgery or the dressing of a wound.
- A small absorbent contraceptive pad that contains a spermicide and is placed against the cervix of the uterus before sexual intercourse.
- Dough that has been or is being leavened.
- A light cake, such as sponge cake.
- A sponge bath.
- One who habitually depends on others for one’s own maintenance.
- A glutton.
- A drunkard.
- To moisten, wipe, or clean with or as if with a sponge: sponge off the table.
- To wipe out; erase.
- To absorb with or as if with a sponge: sponge up the mess.
- To obtain free: sponge a meal.
- To fish for sponges.
- To live by relying on the generosity of others: sponged off her parents.
- verb - to wipe with a sponge (a mass of absorbent material)