Scrabble word: SPIRIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPIRIT exist?
Definitions of SPIRIT in dictionaries:
- noun - the vital principle or animating force within living things
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun - a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
- noun - any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
- noun - the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection)
- noun - the intended meaning of a communication
- noun - animation and energy in action or expression
- noun - an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- verb - infuse with spirit
- The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
- Incorporeal consciousness.
- An angel or a demon.
- A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
- A fairy or sprite.
- The part of a human being associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
- The essential nature of a person or group.
- A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.
- An inclination or a tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
- A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple’s engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
- A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
- Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
- The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: “The spirit of 1776 is not dead” (Thomas Jefferson).
- The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
- An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance.
- To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.
- To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.
- verb - to carry off secretly