Scrabble word: SPIRIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPIRIT exist?
Definitions of SPIRIT in dictionaries:
- noun - the vital principle or animating force within living things
- noun - the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- noun - a fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character
- noun - any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings
- noun - the state of a person's emotions (especially with regard to pleasure or dejection)
- noun - the intended meaning of a communication
- noun - animation and energy in action or expression
- noun - an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
- verb - infuse with spirit
- The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
- Incorporeal consciousness.
- An angel or a demon.
- A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
- A fairy or sprite.
- The part of a human being associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
- The essential nature of a person or group.
- A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.
- An inclination or a tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
- A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple’s engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
- A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
- Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
- The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: “The spirit of 1776 is not dead” (Thomas Jefferson).
- The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
- An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance.
- To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.
- To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.
- verb - to carry off secretly
There are 6 letters in SPIRIT: I I P R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SPIRIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SPIRIT plus a wildcard: SPIRIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SPIRIT
Images for SPIRIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.