Scrabble word: RELIEVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RELIEVE exist?
Definitions of RELIEVE in dictionaries:
- verb - provide physical relief, as from pain
- verb - free someone temporarily from his or her obligations
- verb - grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to
- verb - lessen the intensity of or calm
- verb - save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- verb - relieve oneself of troubling information
- verb - provide relief for
- verb - free from a burden, evil, or distress
- verb - take by stealing
- verb - grant exemption or release to
- verb - alleviate or remove (pressure or stress) or make less oppressive
- To cause a lessening or alleviation of: relieved all his symptoms; relieved the tension.
- To free from pain, anxiety, or distress.
- To furnish assistance or aid to.
- To rescue from siege.
- To release (a person) from an obligation, a restriction, or a burden, as by law or legislation.
- To free from a specified duty by providing or acting as a substitute.
- To make less tedious, monotonous, or unpleasant: Only one small candle relieved the gloom.
- To make prominent or effective by contrast; set off.
- To rob or deprive: Pickpockets relieved him of his money.
- verb - to lessen or free from pain or discomfort