Scrabble word: PRESENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRESENCE exist?
Definitions of PRESENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - the state of being present
- noun - the immediate proximity of someone or something
- noun - an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
- noun - the impression that something is present
- noun - dignified manner or conduct
- noun - the act of being present
- The state or fact of being present; current existence or occurrence.
- Immediate proximity in time or space.
- The area immediately surrounding a great personage, especially a sovereign.
- A person who is present.
- A person’s bearing, especially when it commands respectful attention: “He continues to possess the presence, mental as well as physical, of the young man” (Brendan Gill).
- The quality of self-assurance and effectiveness that permits a performer to achieve a rapport with the audience: stage presence.
- A supernatural influence felt to be nearby.
- The diplomatic, political, or military influence of a nation in a foreign country, especially as evidenced by the posting of its diplomats or its troops there: “The American diplomatic presence in London began in 1785 when John Adams became our first minister” (Nancy Holmes).
- noun - close proximity