Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: SCREEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCREEN exist?
Definitions of SCREEN in dictionaries:
- noun - a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
- noun - a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
- noun - the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube
- noun - a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
- noun - a protective covering consisting of netting
- noun - the personnel of the film industry
- noun - a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- noun - a door that consists of a frame holding metallic or plastic netting
- noun - partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space
- verb - test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
- verb - examine methodically
- verb - examine in order to test suitability
- verb - project onto a screen for viewing
- verb - prevent from entering
- verb - separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- verb - protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
- A movable device, especially a framed construction such as a room divider or a decorative panel, designed to divide, conceal, or protect.
- One that serves to protect, conceal, or divide: Security guards formed a screen around the President.
- A coarse sieve used for sifting out fine particles, as of sand, gravel, or coal.
- A system for preliminary appraisal and selection of personnel as to their suitability for particular jobs.
- A window or door insertion of framed wire or plastic mesh used to keep out insects and permit airflow.
- The white or silver surface on which a picture is projected for viewing.
- Also called silver screen 7.
- The phosphorescent surface on which an image is displayed, as on a television, computer monitor, or radar receiver.
- The information or image displayed at a given time on a monitor, display, or video terminal: printing a hard copy of the screen.
- The electrode placed between the anode and the control grid in a tetrode valve.
- A glass plate marked off with crossing lines, placed before the lens of a camera when photographing for halftone reproduction.
- A body of troops or ships sent in advance of or surrounding a larger body to protect or warn of attack.
- A block, set with the body, that impedes the vision or movement of an opponent.
- To provide with a screen: screen a porch.
- To conceal from view with or as if with a screen.
- To protect, guard, or shield.
- To separate or sift out (fine particles of sand, for example) by means of a sieve or screen.
- To examine (a job applicant, for example) systematically in order to determine suitability.
- To show or project (a movie, for example) on a screen.
- To test or examine for the presence of disease or infection: screen blood for the presence of a virus; screen patients in an epidemic zone.
- To block the vision or movement of (an opponent) with the body.
- To obscure an opponent’s view of (a shot) by positioning oneself between the opponent and the shooter.
- verb - to provide with a screen (a device designed to divide, conceal, or protect)
There are 6 letters in SCREEN: C E E N R S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SCREEN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SCREEN plus a wildcard: SCREEN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SCREEN
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SCREEN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.