Scrabble word: PARODY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARODY exist?
Definitions of PARODY in dictionaries:
- noun - a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- noun - humorous or satirical mimicry
- verb - make a spoof of or make fun of
- verb - make a parody of
- A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.
- The genre of literature comprising such works.
- Something so bad as to be equivalent to intentional mockery; a travesty: The trial was a parody of justice.
- The practice, popular in the 15th and 16th centuries, of significantly reworking an already established composition, especially the incorporation into the Mass of material borrowed from other works, such as motets or madrigals.
- verb - to imitate a serious literary work for comic effect