Scrabble word: YARD
In which Scrabble dictionary does YARD exist?
Definitions of YARD in dictionaries:
- noun - a unit of length equal to 3 feet
- noun - the enclosed land around a house or other building
- noun - a tract of land enclosed for particular activities (sometimes paved and usually associated with buildings)
- noun - the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- noun - a unit of volume (as for sand or gravel)
- noun - a tract of land where logs are accumulated
- noun - an area having a network of railway tracks and sidings for storage and maintenance of cars and engines
- noun - a long horizontal spar tapered at the end and used to support and spread a square sail or lateen
- noun - an enclosure for animals (as chicken or livestock)
- A long tapering spar slung to a mast to support and spread the head of a square sail, lugsail, or lateen.
- A tract of ground adjacent to, surrounding, or surrounded by a building or group of buildings.
- A tract of ground, often enclosed, used for a specific work, business, or other activity.
- An area where railroad trains are made up and cars are switched, stored, and serviced on tracks and sidings.
- A winter pasture for deer or other grazing animals.
- To enclose, collect, or put into or as if into a yard.
- verb - to put in a yard (a tract of ground adjacent to a building)