Scrabble word: OCTAVE
Is OCTAVE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of OCTAVE in dictionaries:
- noun - a feast day and the seven days following it
- noun - a musical interval of eight tones
- noun - a rhythmic group of eight lines of verse
- The interval of eight diatonic degrees between two tones, one of which has twice as many vibrations per second as the other.
- A tone that is eight full tones above or below another given tone.
- Two tones eight diatonic degrees apart that are sounded together.
- The consonance that results when two tones eight diatonic degrees apart are sounded.
- A series of tones included within this interval or the keys of an instrument that produce such a series.
- An organ stop that produces tones an octave above those usually produced by the keys played.
- The interval between any two frequencies having a ratio of 2 to 1.
- The eighth day after a feast day, counting the feast day as one.
- The entire period between a feast day and the eighth day following it.
- A group or series of eight.
- A group of eight lines of poetry, especially the first eight lines of a Petrarchan sonnet.
- A poem or stanza containing eight lines.
- A rotating parry in fencing.
- adj - a type of musical interval [n -S] : OCTAVAL
There are 6 letters in OCTAVE: A C E O T V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OCTAVE
Click to search all anagrams of OCTAVE plus a wildcard: OCTAVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OCTAVE
Images for OCTAVE
Lookup in Wiki for OCTAVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.