Scrabble word: INVADE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INVADE exist?
Definitions of INVADE in dictionaries:
- verb - march aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation
- verb - to intrude upon, infringe, encroach on, violate
- verb - occupy in large numbers or live on a host
- verb - penetrate or assault, in a harmful or injurious way
- To enter by force in order to conquer or pillage.
- To encroach or intrude on; violate: “The principal of the trusts could not be invaded without trustee approval” (Barbara Goldsmith).
- To overrun as if by invading; infest: “About 1917 the shipworm invaded the harbor of San Francisco” (Rachel Carson).
- To make an invasion: “The X-rays showed that the cancer, which had invaded deeply into the chest cavity, was retreating” (Zach Rosen).
- verb - to enter for conquest or plunder