Scrabble word: VAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does VAIN exist?
Definitions of VAIN in dictionaries:
- adj - characteristic of false pride
- adj - unproductive of success
- Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt.
- Lacking substance or worth: vain talk.
- Excessively proud of one’s appearance or accomplishments; conceited.
- To no avail; without success: Our labor was in vain.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “lacking value or substance”: vain regrets; empty pleasures; hollow threats; idle dreams; nugatory commentaries; an otiose belief in alchemy.
- adv - filled with undue admiration for oneself [adj VAINER, VAINEST] : VAINLY
There are 4 letters in VAIN: A I N V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to VAIN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word VAIN plus a wildcard: VAIN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word VAIN
Images for VAIN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.