Scrabble word: HIATUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does HIATUS exist?
Definitions of HIATUS in dictionaries:
- noun - an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- noun - a missing piece (as a gap in a manuscript)
- noun - a natural opening or perforation through a bone or a membranous structure
- A gap or an interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break: “We are likely to be disconcerted by... hiatuses of thought” (Edmund Wilson).
- A slight pause that occurs when two immediately adjacent vowels in consecutive syllables are pronounced, as in reality and naive.
- A separation, an aperture, a fissure, or a short passage in an organ or a body part.
- adj - a gap or missing section [n -ES] : HIATAL