Scrabble word: HIATUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does HIATUS exist?
Definitions of HIATUS in dictionaries:
- noun - an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- noun - a missing piece (as a gap in a manuscript)
- noun - a natural opening or perforation through a bone or a membranous structure
- A gap or an interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break: “We are likely to be disconcerted by... hiatuses of thought” (Edmund Wilson).
- A slight pause that occurs when two immediately adjacent vowels in consecutive syllables are pronounced, as in reality and naive.
- A separation, an aperture, a fissure, or a short passage in an organ or a body part.
- adj - a gap or missing section [n -ES] : HIATAL
There are 6 letters in HIATUS: A H I S T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HIATUS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HIATUS plus a wildcard: HIATUS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HIATUS
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for HIATUS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.