Scrabble word: HAMMER
In which Scrabble dictionary does HAMMER exist?
Definitions of HAMMER in dictionaries:
- noun - the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled
- noun - a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle
- noun - the ossicle attached to the eardrum
- noun - a light drumstick with a rounded head that is used to strike such percussion instruments as chimes, kettledrums, marimbas, glockenspiels, etc.
- noun - a heavy metal sphere attached to a flexible wire
- noun - a striker that is covered in felt and that causes the piano strings to vibrate
- noun - a power tool for drilling rocks
- noun - the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows)
- verb - beat with or as if with a hammer
- verb - create by hammering
- A hand tool used to exert an impulsive force by striking, consisting of a handle with a perpendicularly attached head made of a relatively heavy, rigid material.
- The part of a gunlock that hits the primer or firing pin or explodes the percussion cap and causes the gun to fire.
- One of the padded wooden pieces of a piano that strikes the strings.
- A part of an apparatus that strikes a gong or bell, as in a clock.
- A metal ball weighing 16 pounds (7.
- A small mallet used by auctioneers.
- To hit, especially repeatedly, with or as if with a hammer; pound.
- To beat into a shape with or as if with a hammer: hammered out the dents in the fender; hammered out a contract acceptable to both sides.
- To put together, fasten, or seal, particularly with nails, by hammering.
- To force upon by constant repetition: hammered the information into the students’ heads.
- To deal repeated blows with or as if with a hammer; pummel: “Wind hammered at us violently in gusts” (Thor Heyerdahl).
- To undergo beating in the manner of a hammer: My pulse hammered.
- To keep at something continuously: hammered away at the problem.
- verb - to strike repeatedly