Scrabble word: EMPIRE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EMPIRE exist?
Definitions of EMPIRE in dictionaries:
- noun - the domain ruled by an emperor or empress
- noun - a group of countries under a single authority
- noun - a monarchy with an emperor as head of state
- noun - a group of diverse companies under common ownership and run as a single organization
- noun - an eating apple that somewhat resembles a McIntosh
- A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority.
- The territory included in such a unit.
- An extensive enterprise under a unified authority: a publishing empire.
- Imperial or imperialistic sovereignty, domination, or control: “There is a growing sense that the course of empire is shifting toward the... Asians” (James Traub).
- noun - a major political unit