Is STROKE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of STROKE in various dictionaries:
- noun - (sports) the act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand
- noun - the maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam
- noun - a sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain
- noun - a light touch
- noun - a light touch with the hands
- noun - (golf) the unit of scoring in golf is the act of hitting the ball with a club
- noun - the oarsman nearest the stern of the shell who sets the pace for the rest of the crew
- noun - anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause
- noun - a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- noun - a mark made on a surface by a pen, pencil, or paintbrush
- noun - any one of the repeated movements of the limbs and body used for locomotion in swimming or rowing
- noun - a single complete movement
- verb - touch lightly and repeatedly, as with brushing motions
- verb - strike a ball with a smooth blow
- verb - row at a particular rate
- verb - treat gingerly or carefully
- The act or an instance of striking, as with the hand, a weapon, or a tool; a blow or an impact.
- The striking of a bell or gong.
- The sound so produced.
- The time so indicated: at the stroke of midnight.
- A sudden action or process having a strong impact or effect: a stroke of lightning.
- A sudden occurrence or result: a stroke of luck; a stroke of misfortune.
- A sudden severe attack, as of paralysis or sunstroke.
- A sudden loss of brain function caused by a blockage or rupture of a blood vessel to the brain, characterized by loss of muscular control, diminution or loss of sensation or consciousness, dizziness, slurred speech, or other symptoms that vary with the extent and severity of the damage to the brain.
- An inspired or effective idea or act: a stroke of genius.
- A single uninterrupted movement, especially when repeated or in a back-and-forth motion: the stroke of a pendulum.
- Any of a series of movements of a piston from one end of the limit of its motion to another.
- A single completed movement of the limbs and body, as in swimming or rowing.
- The manner or rate of executing such a movement: My favorite stroke is butterfly.
- The rower who sits nearest the coxswain or the stern and sets the tempo for the other rowers.
- The position occupied by this person.
- A movement of the upper torso and arms for the purpose of striking a ball, as in golf or tennis.
- The manner of executing such a movement.
- A single mark made by a writing or marking implement, such as a pen.
- The act of making such a mark.
- A printed line in a graphic character that resembles such a mark.
- A distinctive effect or deft touch, as in literary composition.
- To mark with a single short line.
- To draw a line through; cancel: stroked out the last sentence.
- To set the pace for (a rowing crew).
- To hit or propel (a ball, for example) with a smoothly regulated swing.
- To make or perform a stroke.
- To row at a particular rate per minute.
- To rub lightly, with or as if with the hand or something held in the hand; caress.
- To behave attentively or flatteringly toward, especially in order to restore to confidence or win over.
- verb - to rub gently
There are 6 letters in STROKE: E K O R S T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to STROKE
To search all scrabble anagrams of STROKE, to go: STROKE?
Rearrange the letters in STROKE and see some winning combinations
6 letters out of STROKE
5 letters out of STROKE
4 letters out of STROKE
3 letters out of STROKE
2 letters out of STROKE
Contextual use of STROKE
What's nearby STROKE
Lookup in Wiki for STROKE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of STROKE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: STROKE"