Is SLIDE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SLIDE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
- noun - (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
- noun - (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale
- noun - plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
- noun - the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it
- noun - a transparency mounted in a frame
- noun - sloping channel through which things can descend
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- verb - to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly
- verb - move smoothly along a surface
- To move over a surface while maintaining smooth, continuous contact.
- To coast on a slippery surface, such as ice or snow.
- To pass smoothly and quietly; glide: slid past the door without anyone noticing.
- To go unattended or unacted upon: Let the matter slide.
- To lose a secure footing or positioning; shift out of place; slip: slid on the ice and fell.
- To move downward: Prices began to slide.
- To return to a less favorable or less worthy condition.
- To drop down and skid, usually feet first, into a base to avoid being put out.
- A sliding movement or action.
- A smooth surface or track for sliding, usually inclined: a water slide.
- A playground apparatus for children to slide on, typically consisting of a smooth chute mounted by means of a ladder.
- A part that operates by sliding, as the U-shaped section of tube on a trombone that is moved to produce various tones.
- An image on a transparent base for projection on a screen.
- A small glass plate for mounting specimens to be examined under a microscope.
- A fall of a mass of rock, earth, or snow down a slope; an avalanche or a landslide.
- A slight portamento used in violin playing, passing quickly from one note to another.
- These verbs mean to move smoothly and continuously over or as if over a slippery surface.
- adj - to move smoothly along a surface [v SLID, SLIDDEN, SLIDING, SLIDES] : SLIDABLE
There are 5 letters in SLIDE: D E I L S
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SLIDE
To search all scrabble anagrams of SLIDE, to go: SLIDE?
Rearrange the letters in SLIDE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SLIDE
What's nearby SLIDE
Lookup in Wiki for SLIDE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SLIDE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SLIDE"