Scrabble word: VORTEX
In which Scrabble dictionary does VORTEX exist?
Definitions of VORTEX in dictionaries:
- noun - the shape of something rotating rapidly
- noun - a powerful circular current of water (usually the result of conflicting tides)
- A spiral motion of fluid within a limited area, especially a whirling mass of water or air that sucks everything near it toward its center.
- A place or situation regarded as drawing into its center all that surrounds it: “As happened with so many theater actors, he was swept up in the vortex of Hollywood” (New York Times).
- adj - a whirling mass of fluid [n -TEXES or -TICES] : VORTICAL