Scrabble word: THRUST
In which Scrabble dictionary does THRUST exist?
Definitions of THRUST in dictionaries:
- noun - the force used in pushing
- noun - a strong blow with a knife or other sharp pointed instrument
- noun - the act of applying force to propel something
- noun - verbal criticism
- noun - a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)
- verb - push forcefully
- verb - press or force
- verb - make a thrusting forward movement
- verb - impose urgently, importunately, or inexorably
- verb - penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- verb - force (molten rock) into pre-existing rock
- verb - push upward
- verb - place or put with great energy
- To push or drive quickly and forcibly.
- To issue or extend: poplars thrusting their branches upward; thrust out his finger.
- To force into a specified condition or situation: She thrust herself through the crowd.
- To include or interpolate improperly.
- To force on an unwilling or improper recipient: “Some have greatness thrust upon them” (Shakespeare).
- To stab; pierce.
- To shove something into or at something else; push.
- To pierce or stab with or as if with a pointed weapon.
- To force one’s way.
- A forceful shove or push.
- A driving force or pressure.
- The forward-directed force developed in a jet or rocket engine as a reaction to the high-velocity rearward ejection of exhaust gases.
- A piercing movement made with or as if with a pointed weapon; a stab.
- The essence; the point: The whole thrust of the project was to make money.
- Outward or lateral stress in a structure, such as an arch.
- An attack or assault, especially by an armed force.
- verb - to push forcibly