Scrabble word: SUFFER
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUFFER exist?
Definitions of SUFFER in dictionaries:
- verb - undergo or be subjected to
- verb - undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- verb - experience (emotional) pain
- verb - put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb - get worse
- verb - feel pain or be in pain
- verb - feel physical pain
- verb - feel unwell or uncomfortable
- verb - be given to
- verb - undergo or suffer
- verb - be set at a disadvantage
- To feel pain or distress; sustain loss, injury, harm, or punishment.
- To tolerate or endure evil, injury, pain, or death.
- To appear at a disadvantage: “He suffers by comparison with his greater contemporary” (Albert C.
- To undergo or sustain (something painful, injurious, or unpleasant): “Ordinary men have always had to suffer the history their leaders were making” (Herbert J.
- To endure or bear; stand: would not suffer fools.
- In general usage suffer is preferably used with from, rather than with, in constructions such as He suffered from hypertension.
- verb - to feel pain or distress