Scrabble word: RUFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does RUFF exist?
Definitions of RUFF in dictionaries:
- noun - an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal
- noun - a high tight collar
- noun - common Eurasian sandpiper
- noun - (card games) the act of taking a trick with a trump when unable to follow suit
- verb - play a trump
- A stiffly starched frilled or pleated circular collar of lace, muslin, or other fine fabric, worn by men and women in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- A distinctive collarlike projection around the neck, as of feathers on a bird or of fur on a mammal.
- A Eurasian sandpiper (Philomachus pugnax) the male of which has collarlike, erectile feathers around the neck during the breeding season.
- The playing of a trump card when one cannot follow suit.
- An old game resembling whist.
- verb - to exceed in performance