Scrabble word: INFORM
In which Scrabble dictionary does INFORM exist?
Definitions of INFORM in dictionaries:
- verb - impart knowledge of some fact, state or affairs, or event to
- verb - give character or essence to
- verb - act as an informer
- To impart information to; make aware of something: We were informed by mail of the change in plans.
- To acquaint (oneself) with knowledge of a subject.
- To give form or character to; imbue with a quality or an essence: “A society’s strength is measured by... its ability to inform a future generation with its moral standards” (Vanity Fair).
- To be a pervasive presence in; animate: “It is this brash, backroom sensibility that informs his work as a novelist” (Jeff Shear).
- To form (the mind or character) by teaching or training.
- To give or provide information.
- To disclose confidential or incriminating information to an authority: The defendant informed against the other members of the ring.
- verb - to supply with information