Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: GROUND
In which Scrabble dictionary does GROUND exist?
Definitions of GROUND in dictionaries:
- noun - the solid part of the earth's surface
- noun - a rational motive for a belief or action
- noun - the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
- noun - a relation that provides the foundation for something
- noun - a position to be won or defended in battle (or as if in battle)
- noun - the part of a scene (or picture) that lies behind objects in the foreground
- noun - material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- noun - a relatively homogeneous percept extending back of the figure on which attention is focused
- noun - a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage)
- noun - (art) the surface (as a wall or canvas) prepared to take the paint for a painting
- noun - the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- noun - an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
- noun - the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground
- noun - hard monotonous routine work
- noun - the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- verb - fix firmly and stably
- verb - confine or restrict to the ground
- verb - place or put on the ground
- verb - instruct someone in the fundamentals of a subject
- verb - bring to the ground
- verb - hit or reach the ground
- verb - throw to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage
- verb - hit a groundball
- verb - hit onto the ground
- verb - cover with a primer
- verb - connect to a ground
- verb - use as a basis for
- The solid surface of the earth.
- The floor of a body of water, especially the sea.
- Soil; earth: level the ground for a lawn.
- Often grounds.
- An area or a position that is contested in or as if in battle: The soldiers held their ground against the enemy.
- Something that serves as a foundation or means of attachment for something else: a ground of white paint under the mural.
- A surrounding area; a background.
- Often grounds.
- See Synonyms at <A href="AHD3_B.
- An area of reference or discussion; a subject: The professor covered new ground in every lecture.
- A large conducting body, such as the earth or an electric circuit connected to the earth, used as an arbitrary zero of potential.
- A conducting object, such as a wire, that is connected to such a position of zero potential.
- To place on or cause to touch the ground.
- To provide a basis for (a theory, for example); justify.
- To supply with basic information; instruct in fundamentals.
- To prevent (an aircraft or a pilot) from flying.
- To restrict (someone) especially to a certain place as a punishment.
- To connect (an electric circuit) to a ground.
- To run (a vessel) aground.
- To hit (a ball) onto the ground.
- To throw a ball to the ground in order to stop play and avoid being tackled behind the line of scrimmage.
- To touch or reach the ground.
- To hit a ground ball: grounded to the second baseman.
- To run aground.
- Past tense and past participle of grind.
- v - to place on a foundation
There are 6 letters in GROUND: D G N O R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GROUND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GROUND plus a wildcard: GROUND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GROUND
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for GROUND
- ImageAfter photo dirt ground earth soil brown sand
- Free ground texture - dry mud ground
- ground Texture by radibax-stock on deviantART
- Download Sand-soil texture - seamless texture
- Gallery - Category ground - Image Very dirt ground floor_3 - High ...
- Gallery - Category ground - Image Very dirt ground floor_2 - High ...
- ... After photo sand texture grain close macro red earth ground dust
- download-textures-ground 01
- Free ground texture - leaf on ground
- Gallery - Category ground - Image Grass _1 - High Resolution Free ...