Scrabble word: GAUGES
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAUGES exist?
Definitions of GAUGES in dictionaries:
- noun - a measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
- noun - accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
- noun - the distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
- noun - the thickness of wire
- noun - diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- verb - judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- verb - rub to a uniform size
- verb - determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation
- verb - measure precisely and against a standard
- verb - adapt to a specified measurement
- verb - mix in specific proportions
- verb - to measure precisely