Scrabble word: GAUGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAUGE exist?
Definitions of GAUGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a measuring instrument for measuring and indicating a quantity such as the thickness of wire or the amount of rain etc.
- noun - accepted or approved instance or example of a quantity or quality against which others are judged or measured or compared
- noun - the distance between the rails of a railway or between the wheels of a train
- noun - the thickness of wire
- noun - diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- verb - judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- verb - rub to a uniform size
- verb - determine the capacity, volume, or contents of by measurement and calculation
- verb - measure precisely and against a standard
- verb - adapt to a specified measurement
- verb - mix in specific proportions
- A standard or scale of measurement.
- A standard dimension, quantity, or capacity.
- An instrument for measuring or testing.
- A means of estimating or evaluating; a test: a gauge of character.
- The position of a vessel in relation to another vessel and the wind.
- The distance between the two rails of a railroad.
- The distance between two wheels on an axle.
- The interior diameter of a shotgun barrel as determined by the number of lead balls of a size exactly fitting the barrel that are required to make one pound.
- The amount of plaster of Paris combined with common plaster to speed setting of the mixture.
- Thickness or diameter, as of sheet metal or wire.
- The fineness of knitted cloth as determined by the number of loops per 12 inches.
- To measure precisely.
- To determine the capacity, volume, or contents of.
- To evaluate or judge: gauge a person’s ability.
- To adapt to a specified measurement.
- To mix (plaster) in specific proportions.
- To chip or rub (bricks or stones) to size.
- verb - to measure precisely