Scrabble word: EXERCISE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXERCISE exist?
Definitions of EXERCISE in dictionaries:
- noun - the activity of exerting your muscles in various ways to keep fit
- noun - the act of using
- noun - systematic training by multiple repetitions
- noun - a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding
- noun - (usually plural) a ceremony that involves processions and speeches
- verb - put to use
- verb - carry out or practice
- verb - give a workout to
- verb - do physical exercise
- verb - learn by repetition
- An act of employing or putting into play; use: the free exercise of intellect; the exercise of an option.
- The discharge of a duty, function, or office.
- Activity that requires physical or mental exertion, especially when performed to develop or maintain fitness: took an hour of vigorous daily exercise at a gym.
- A task, problem, or other effort performed to develop or maintain fitness or increase skill: a piano exercise; a memory exercise.
- To put into play or operation; employ: Proceed, but exercise caution.
- To bring to bear; exert: “The desire to be re-elected exercises a strong brake on independent courage” (John F.
- To subject to practice or exertion in order to train, strengthen, or develop: exercise the back muscles; exercise the memory.
- To carry out the functions of; execute: exercise the role of disciplinarian.
- To absorb the attentions of, especially by worry or anxiety.
- To take exercise.
- verb - to make use of