Scrabble word: ENGAGED
In which Scrabble dictionary does ENGAGED exist?
Definitions of ENGAGED in dictionaries:
- verb - carry out or participate in an activity
- verb - consume all of one's attention or time
- verb - engage or hire for work
- verb - ask to represent
- verb - give to in marriage
- verb - get caught
- verb - carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns)
- verb - hire for work or assistance
- verb - engage for service under a term of contract
- verb - keep engaged
- adj - having ones attention or mind or energy engaged
- adj - involved in military hostilities
- adj - reserved in advance
- adj - (of facilities such as telephones or lavatories) unavailable for use by anyone else or indicating unavailability
- adj - (used of toothed parts or gears) interlocked and interacting
- adj - having services contracted for
- adj - built against or attached to a wall
- Employed, occupied, or busy.
- Committed, as to a cause.
- Pledged to marry; betrothed: an engaged couple.
- Involved in conflict or battle.
- Being in gear; meshed.
- Partly imbedded in, built into, or attached to another part, as columns on a wall.
- adj - to engage the services of for payment [v HIRED, HIRING, HIRES] : HIREABLE