Scrabble word: DIVISION
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIVISION exist?
Definitions of DIVISION in dictionaries:
- noun - an army unit large enough to sustain combat
- noun - one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole
- noun - the act or process of dividing
- noun - an administrative unit in government or business
- noun - discord that splits a group
- noun - a league ranked by quality
- noun - (biology) a group of organisms forming a subdivision of a larger category
- noun - (botany) taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum
- noun - a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings
- noun - a group of ships of similar type
- noun - an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of multiplication
- noun - the act of dividing or partitioning
- The act or process of dividing.
- The state of having been divided.
- The proportional distribution of a quantity or entity.
- Something, such as a boundary or partition, that serves to divide or keep separate.
- One of the parts, sections, or groups into which something is divided.
- An area of government or corporate activity organized as an administrative or functional unit.
- A territorial section marked off for political or governmental purposes.
- An administrative and tactical military unit that is smaller than a corps but is self-contained and equipped for prolonged combat activity.
- A group of several ships of similar type forming a tactical unit under a single command in the U.
- A unit of the U.
- The highest taxonomic category, consisting of one or more related classes, and corresponding approximately to a phylum in zoological classification.
- A category created for purposes of competition, as in boxing.
- Variance of opinion; disagreement.
- A splitting into factions; disunion.
- The physical separation and regrouping of members of a parliament according to their stand on an issue put to vote.
- The operation of determining how many times one quantity is contained in another; the inverse of multiplication.
- Cell division.
- A type of propagation characteristic of plants that spread by means of newly formed parts such as bulbs, suckers, or rhizomes.
- verb - to separate into parts, areas, or groups