Scrabble word: DEFILE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEFILE exist?
Definitions of DEFILE in dictionaries:
- noun - a narrow pass (especially one between mountains)
- verb - place under suspicion or cast doubt upon
- verb - make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air
- verb - spot, stain, or pollute
- To make filthy or dirty; pollute: defile a river with sewage.
- To debase the pureness or excellence of; corrupt: a country landscape that was defiled by urban sprawl.
- To profane or sully (a good name, for example).
- To make unclean or unfit for ceremonial use; desecrate: defile a temple.
- To violate the chastity of.
- A narrow gorge or pass that restricts lateral movement, as of troops.
- A march in a line.
- adj - free from dirt or stain
- verb - to rid of dirt or stain