Scrabble word: CONTROL
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONTROL exist?
Definitions of CONTROL in dictionaries:
- noun - power to direct or determine
- noun - a relation of constraint of one entity (thing or person or group) by another
- noun - (physiology) regulation or maintenance of a function or action or reflex etc
- noun - a standard against which other conditions can be compared in a scientific experiment
- noun - the activity of managing or exerting control over something
- noun - the state that exists when one person or group has power over another
- noun - discipline in personal and social activities
- noun - great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
- noun - a mechanism that controls the operation of a machine
- noun - a spiritual agency that is assumed to assist the medium during a seance
- noun - the economic policy of controlling or limiting or curbing prices or wages etc.
- verb - exercise authoritative control or power over
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - handle and cause to function
- verb - control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one's advantage
- verb - check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard
- verb - verify by using a duplicate register for comparison
- verb - be careful or certain to do something
- verb - have a firm understanding or knowledge of
- To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct.
- To hold in restraint; check: struggled to control my temper; regulations intended to control prices.
- To verify or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or by comparing with another standard.
- To verify (an account, for example) by using a duplicate register for comparison.
- Authority or ability to manage or direct: lost control of the skidding car; the leaders in control of the country.
- One that controls; a controlling agent, device, or organization.
- Often controls.
- A restraining device, measure, or limit; a curb: a control on prices; price controls.
- A standard of comparison for checking or verifying the results of an experiment.
- An individual or group used as a standard of comparison in a control experiment.
- An intelligence agent who supervises or instructs another agent.
- A spirit presumed to speak or act through a medium.
- verb - to exercise authority over