Scrabble word: ACTIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ACTIVE exist?
Definitions of ACTIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - chemical agent capable of activity
- noun - the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb
- noun - a person who is a participating member of an organization
- adj - tending to become more severe or wider in scope
- adj - engaged in or ready for military or naval operations
- adj - disposed to take action or effectuate change
- adj - taking part in an activity
- adj - characterized by energetic activity
- adj - exerting influence or producing a change or effect
- adj - full of activity or engaged in continuous activity
- adj - in operation
- adj - (of the sun) characterized by an increased occurrence of sunspots and flares and radio emissions
- adj - expressing that the subject of the sentence has the semantic function of actor: "Hemingway favors active constructions"
- adj - (used of verbs (e.g. `to run') and participial adjectives (e.g. `running' in `running water')) expressing action rather than a state of being
- adj - (of e.g. volcanos) capable of erupting
- adj - (of e.g. volcanos) erupting or liable to erupt
- adj - engaged in full-time work
- Being in physical motion: active fish in the aquarium.
- Functioning or capable of functioning.
- Disposed to take action or effectuate change: a director who takes active interest in corporate operations.
- Engaged in activity; participating: an active member of a club.
- Busy: active stock and bond markets.
- Being in continuous use or operation: an active brokerage account.
- Being in a state of action; not passive or quiescent: an active volcano.
- Characterized by energetic action or activity; lively.
- Requiring physical exertion and energy: Tennis is an active sport.
- Indicating that the subject of the sentence is performing or causing the action expressed by the verb.
- Expressing action rather than a state of being.
- Producing profit, interest, or dividends: active accounts; active stocks.
- Being on full military duty and receiving full pay.
- Suggesting that something follows: active tones.
- The active voice.
- A construction or form in the active voice.
- These adjectives are compared as they mean engaged in activity.
- noun - a participating member of an organization
There are 6 letters in ACTIVE: A C E I T V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ACTIVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ACTIVE plus a wildcard: ACTIVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ACTIVE
Images for ACTIVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.