Scrabble word: STRENGTH
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRENGTH exist?
Definitions of STRENGTH in dictionaries:
- noun - the property of being physically or mentally strong
- noun - capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war
- noun - physical energy or intensity
- noun - an asset of special worth or utility
- noun - the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty
- noun - the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation)
- noun - capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects
- noun - the condition of financial success
- noun - permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force
- The state, property, or quality of being strong.
- The power to resist attack; impregnability.
- The power to resist strain or stress; durability.
- The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.
- Capacity or potential for effective action: a show of strength.
- The number of people constituting a normal or ideal organization: The police force has been at half strength since the budget cuts.
- Military capability in terms of personnel and materiel: an army of fearsome strength.
- A source of power or force.
- One that is regarded as the embodiment of protective or supportive power; a support or mainstay.
- An attribute or a quality of particular worth or utility; an asset.
- Degree of concentration, distillation, or saturation; potency.
- Operative effectiveness or potency.
- Intensity, as of sound or light.
- Intensity or vehemence, as of emotion or language.
- Effective or binding force; efficacy: the strength of an argument.
- Firmness of or a continuous rising tendency in prices, as on the stock market.
- These nouns are compared as they denote the capacity to act or work effectively.
- noun - capacity for exertion or endurance