Scrabble word: SPHINX
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPHINX exist?
Definitions of SPHINX in dictionaries:
- noun - an inscrutable person who keeps his thoughts and intentions secret
- noun - (Greek mythology) a riddling winged monster with a woman's head and breast on a lion's body
- noun - one of a number of large stone statues with the body of a lion and the head of a man that were built by the ancient Egyptians
- A figure in Egyptian myth having the body of a lion and the head of a man, ram, or hawk.
- A winged creature having the head of a woman and the body of a lion, noted for killing those who could not answer its riddle.
- A puzzling or mysterious person.
- noun - a monster in Egyptian mythology