Scrabble word: RETURN
In which Scrabble dictionary does RETURN exist?
Definitions of RETURN in dictionaries:
- noun - document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability
- noun - a coming to or returning home
- noun - the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction
- noun - getting something back again
- noun - the act of going back to a prior location
- noun - the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
- noun - happening again (especially at regular intervals)
- noun - a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
- noun - the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed
- noun - a reciprocal group action
- noun - a tennis stroke that sends the ball back to the other player
- noun - (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble
- noun - the act of someone appearing again
- verb - go or come back to place, condition, or activity where one has been before
- verb - give back
- verb - go back to a previous state
- verb - go back to something earlier
- verb - bring back to the point of departure
- verb - return in kind
- verb - make a return
- verb - answer back
- verb - be restored
- verb - pay back
- verb - pass down
- verb - elect again
- verb - be inherited by
- verb - return to a previous position
- verb - give or supply
- verb - submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority
- To go or come back, as to an earlier condition or place.
- To revert in speech, thought, or practice.
- To revert to a former owner.
- To answer or respond.
- To send, put, or carry back: We return bottles to the store.
- To give or send back in reciprocation: She returned his praise.
- To give back to the owner: He returned her book.
- To reflect or send back: The echo was returned by the canyon wall.
- To produce or yield (profit or interest) as a payment for labor, investment, or expenditure.
- To submit (an official report, for example) to a judge or other person in authority.
- To render or deliver (a writ or verdict, for example) to the proper officer or court of law.
- To elect or reelect, as to a legislative body.
- To respond to (a partner’s lead) by leading the same suit in cards.
- To turn away from or place at an angle to the previous line of direction.
- To send back (a tennis ball, for example) to one’s opponent.
- To run with (the ball) after a kickoff, a punt, an interception, or a fumble.
- The act or condition of going, coming, bringing, or sending back.
- The act of bringing or sending something back to a previous place, condition, or owner.
- Something brought or sent back.
- Something that goes or comes back.
- A recurrence, as of a periodic occasion or event: the return of spring.
- Something exchanged for that received; repayment.
- A reply; a response.
- The profit made on an exchange of goods.
- Often returns.
- Output or yield per unit rather than cost per unit, as in the manufacturing of a particular product.
- A report, list, or set of statistics, especially one that is formal or official.
- Often returns.
- An election.
- A lead in certain card games that responds to the lead of one’s partner.
- The act of sending the ball back to one’s opponent.
- The ball thus sent back.
- The act of running back the ball after a kickoff, a punt, an interception, or a fumble.
- The yardage so gained.
- The extension of a molding, projection, or other part at an angle (usually 90) to the main part.
- A part of a building set at an angle to the faade.
- A turn, bend, or similar reversal of direction, as in a stream or road.
- A pipe or conduit for carrying something, especially water, back to its starting point.
- The key or mechanism on a machine, such as a typewriter or computer, that positions the carriage, cursor, or printing element at the beginning of a new line.
- A roundtrip ticket.
- The bringing or sending back of a writ, subpoena, or other document, generally with a short written report on it, by a sheriff or other officer to the court from which it was issued.
- A certified report by an assessor, an election officer, a collector, or another official.
- A formal tax statement on the required official form indicating taxable income, allowed deductions, exemptions, and the computed tax that is due.
- Of, relating to, or bringing about a going or coming back to a place or situation: the return voyage; a return envelope.
- Given, sent, or done in reciprocation or exchange: a return volley; a return invitation.
- Performed, presented, or taking place again: a return engagement of the ballet; a return tennis match.
- Used on or for returning: a return route.
- Returning or affording return or recirculation: a return plumbing pipe; a return valve.
- Relating to or being a roundtrip ticket.
- Reversing or changing direction.
- These verbs refer to coming or going back, as to a place, position, or condition.
- verb - to come or go back
There are 6 letters in RETURN: E N R R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to RETURN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word RETURN plus a wildcard: RETURN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word RETURN
Images for RETURN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.