Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: REDUCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does REDUCE exist?
Definitions of REDUCE in dictionaries:
- verb - cut down on
- verb - make less complex
- verb - bring to humbler or weaker state or condition
- verb - simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another
- verb - lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation
- verb - be the essential element
- verb - reduce in size
- verb - lessen and make more modest
- verb - make smaller
- verb - to remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons
- verb - narrow or limit
- verb - put down by force or intimidation
- verb - undergo meiosis
- verb - reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site
- verb - destress and thus weaken a sound when pronouncing it
- verb - reduce in scope while retaining essential elements
- verb - be cooked until very little liquid is left
- verb - cook until very little liquid is left
- verb - lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
- verb - take off weight
- To bring down, as in extent, amount, or degree; diminish.
- To gain control of; conquer: “a design to reduce them under absolute despotism” (Declaration of Independence).
- To subject to destruction: Enemy bombers reduced the city to rubble.
- To weaken bodily: was reduced almost to emaciation.
- To sap the spirit or mental energy of.
- To compel to desperate acts: The Depression reduced many to begging on street corners.
- To lower in rank or grade; demote.
- To powder or pulverize.
- To thin (paint) with a solvent.
- To lower the price of: The store has drastically reduced winter coats.
- To put in order or arrange systematically: reduce a complex tax situation.
- To separate into orderly components by analysis.
- To decrease the valence of (an atom) by adding electrons.
- To remove oxygen from (a compound).
- To add hydrogen to (a compound).
- To change to a metallic state by removing nonmetallic constituents; smelt.
- To simplify the form of (an expression, such as a fraction) without changing the value.
- To restore (a fractured or displaced body part) to a normal condition or position.
- To become diminished.
- To lose weight, as by dieting.
- To undergo meiosis.
- verb - to make or become less
There are 6 letters in REDUCE: C D E E R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to REDUCE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word REDUCE plus a wildcard: REDUCE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word REDUCE
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for REDUCE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.