Scrabble word: DEUCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEUCE exist?
Definitions of DEUCE in dictionaries:
- noun - a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- noun - the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
- noun - a word used in exclamations of confusion
- noun - one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- A playing card having two spots or the side of a die bearing two pips.
- A cast of dice totaling two.
- A tied score in tennis in which each player or side has 40 points, or 5 or more games, and one player or side must win 2 successive points to win the game, or 2 successive games to win the set.
- The devil: “Love is a bodily infirmity... which breaks out the deuce knows how or why” (Thackeray).
- An outstanding example, especially of something difficult or bad: had a deuce of a time getting out of town; a deuce of a family row.
- A severe reprimand or expression of anger: got the deuce for being late.
- Used as an intensive: What the deuce were they thinking of? [Probably from Low German duus, a throw of two in dice games, bad luck, ultimately from Latin duo, two.
- verb - to bring a tennis score to a tie