Scrabble word: PICKLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PICKLE exist?
Definitions of PICKLE in dictionaries:
- noun - vegetables (especially cucumbers) preserved in brine or vinegar
- noun - informal terms for a difficult situation
- verb - preserve in a pickling liquid
- An edible product, such as a cucumber, that has been preserved and flavored in a solution of brine or vinegar.
- A solution of brine or vinegar, often spiced, for preserving and flavoring food.
- A chemical solution, such as an acid, that is used as a bath to remove scale and oxides from the surface of metals before plating or finishing.
- A disagreeable or troublesome situation; a plight.
- To preserve or flavor (food) in a solution of brine or vinegar.
- Middle English pikel, the ancestor of our word, is first recorded around 1400 with the meaning “a spicy sauce or gravy served with meat or fowl.
- verb - to preserve or flavor in a solution of brine or vinegar