Scrabble word: PECK
In which Scrabble dictionary does PECK exist?
Definitions of PECK in dictionaries:
- noun - (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun - a British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 2 gallons
- noun - a United States dry measure equal to 8 quarts or 537.605 cubic inches
- verb - hit lightly with a picking motion
- verb - eat by pecking at, like a bird
- verb - kiss lightly
- verb - eat like a bird
- verb - bother persistently with trivial complaints
- To strike with the beak or a pointed instrument.
- To make (a hole, for example) by striking repeatedly with the beak or a pointed instrument.
- To grasp and pick up with the beak: The bird pecked insects from the log.
- To kiss briefly and casually.
- To make strokes with the beak or a pointed instrument.
- To eat in small, sparing bits; nibble: He pecked at his dinner.
- To criticize repeatedly; carp.
- A stroke or light blow with the beak or a pointed instrument.
- A mark or hole made by such a stroke.
- A light, quick kiss.
- A unit of dry volume or capacity in the U.
- A unit of dry volume or capacity in the British Imperial System equal to 8 quarts or approximately 554.
- A container holding or measuring a peck.
- A large quantity; a lot: a peck of troubles.
- verb - to strike with the beak or something pointed