Scrabble word: PIKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIKE exist?
Definitions of PIKE in dictionaries:
- noun - a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
- noun - highly valued northern freshwater fish with lean flesh
- noun - a sharp point (as on the end of a spear)
- noun - medieval weapon consisting of a spearhead attached to a long pole or pikestaff
- noun - any of several elongate long-snouted freshwater game and food fishes widely distributed in cooler parts of the northern hemisphere
- A long spear formerly used by infantry.
- A freshwater game and food fish (Esox lucius) of the Northern Hemisphere that has a long snout and attains a length of over 1.
- Any of various similar or related fishes.
- A turnpike.
- A tollgate on a turnpike.
- To come into prominence: “a policy... allowing for little flexibility if an important new singer comes down the pike” (Christian Science Monitor).
- A hill with a pointed summit.
- A spike or sharp point, as on the tip of a spear.
- verb - to pierce with a pike (a long spear)