Scrabble word: SPIKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPIKE exist?
Definitions of SPIKE in dictionaries:
- noun - a transient variation in voltage or current
- noun - sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes
- noun - fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- noun - (botany) an indeterminate inflorescence bearing sessile flowers on an unbranched axis
- noun - a sharp rise followed by a sharp decline
- noun - a very high narrow heel on women's shoes
- noun - each of the sharp points on the soles of athletic shoes to prevent slipping (or the shoes themselves)
- noun - a sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall (or a dinosaur)
- noun - a long, thin sharp-pointed implement (wood or metal)
- noun - any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object
- noun - a large stout nail
- verb - stand in the way of
- verb - pierce with a sharp stake or point
- verb - secure with spikes
- verb - bring forth a spike or spikes
- verb - add alcohol to (beverages)
- verb - manifest a sharp increase
- A long, thick, sharp-pointed piece of wood or metal.
- A heavy nail.
- A sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall.
- One of several sharp metal projections set in the sole or in the sole and heel of an athletic shoe for grip.
- A pair of athletic shoes having such projections.
- An unbranched antler of a young deer.
- A young mackerel of small size, usually 15 centimeters (6 inches) or less in length.
- A sharp rise followed by a sharp decline in a graph or in the tracing of a scientific instrument.
- The act of driving a volleyball at a sharp angle into the opponent’s court by jumping near the net and hitting the ball down hard from above.
- The act of slamming the ball to the ground after succeeding in an important play, as after scoring a touchdown.
- To secure or provide with a spike.
- To impale, pierce, or injure with a spike.
- To put an end to; block: spike a rumor.
- To add alcoholic liquor to: The punch was spiked with rum.
- To drive (a ball) in a spike.
- To render (a muzzleloading gun) useless by driving a spike into the vent.
- An ear of grain, as of wheat.
- A usually elongated, unbranched inflorescence with stalkless flowers arranged along an axis.
- verb - to fasten with a spike (a long, thick nail)
There are 5 letters in SPIKE: E I K P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SPIKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SPIKE plus a wildcard: SPIKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SPIKE
Images for SPIKE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.