Scrabble word: SPIKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPIKE exist?
Definitions of SPIKE in dictionaries:
- noun - a transient variation in voltage or current
- noun - sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes
- noun - fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- noun - (botany) an indeterminate inflorescence bearing sessile flowers on an unbranched axis
- noun - a sharp rise followed by a sharp decline
- noun - a very high narrow heel on women's shoes
- noun - each of the sharp points on the soles of athletic shoes to prevent slipping (or the shoes themselves)
- noun - a sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall (or a dinosaur)
- noun - a long, thin sharp-pointed implement (wood or metal)
- noun - any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object
- noun - a large stout nail
- verb - stand in the way of
- verb - pierce with a sharp stake or point
- verb - secure with spikes
- verb - bring forth a spike or spikes
- verb - add alcohol to (beverages)
- verb - manifest a sharp increase
- A long, thick, sharp-pointed piece of wood or metal.
- A heavy nail.
- A sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall.
- One of several sharp metal projections set in the sole or in the sole and heel of an athletic shoe for grip.
- A pair of athletic shoes having such projections.
- An unbranched antler of a young deer.
- A young mackerel of small size, usually 15 centimeters (6 inches) or less in length.
- A sharp rise followed by a sharp decline in a graph or in the tracing of a scientific instrument.
- The act of driving a volleyball at a sharp angle into the opponent’s court by jumping near the net and hitting the ball down hard from above.
- The act of slamming the ball to the ground after succeeding in an important play, as after scoring a touchdown.
- To secure or provide with a spike.
- To impale, pierce, or injure with a spike.
- To put an end to; block: spike a rumor.
- To add alcoholic liquor to: The punch was spiked with rum.
- To drive (a ball) in a spike.
- To render (a muzzleloading gun) useless by driving a spike into the vent.
- An ear of grain, as of wheat.
- A usually elongated, unbranched inflorescence with stalkless flowers arranged along an axis.
- verb - to fasten with a spike (a long, thick nail)