Scrabble word: MARTYR
In which Scrabble dictionary does MARTYR exist?
Definitions of MARTYR in dictionaries:
- noun - one who suffers for the sake of principle
- noun - one who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty for refusing to renounce their religion
- verb - kill as a martyr
- verb - torture and torment like a martyr
- One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
- One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.
- One who endures great suffering: a martyr to arthritis.
- One who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.
- To make a martyr of, especially to put to death for devotion to religious beliefs.
- To inflict great pain on; torment.
- verb - to put to death for adhering to a belief