Scrabble word: FIDDLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FIDDLE exist?
Definitions of FIDDLE in dictionaries:
- noun - bowed stringed instrument that is the highest member of the violin family
- verb - avoid (one's assigned duties)
- verb - commit fraud and steal from one's employer
- verb - play the violin or fiddle
- verb - play on a violin
- verb - manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination
- verb - play around with or alter or falsify, usually secretively or dishonestly
- verb - try to fix or mend
- A violin.
- A member of the violin family.
- A guardrail used on a table during rough weather to prevent things from slipping off.
- Nonsensical, trifling matters: “There are things that are important/beyond all this fiddle” (Marianne Moore).
- The act or an instance of cheating or swindling; fraud.
- To play a violin.
- To move one’s fingers or hands in a nervous fashion.
- To occupy oneself in an aimless or desultory way: liked to fiddle with all the knobs and dials.
- To meddle or tamper: a reporter who fiddled with the facts.
- To commit a fraud, especially to steal from one’s employer.
- To play (a tune) on a violin.
- To cheat or swindle.
- To alter or falsify (accounts, for example) for dishonest gain.
- verb - to play a violin