Scrabble word: EXPLODE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXPLODE exist?
Definitions of EXPLODE in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to burst with a violent release of energy
- verb - burst outward, usually with noise
- verb - show a violent emotional reaction
- verb - be unleashed
- verb - destroy by exploding
- verb - cause to burst as a result of air pressure
- verb - drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
- verb - show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
- verb - burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction
- verb - increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner
- To release mechanical, chemical, or nuclear energy by the sudden production of gases in a confined space: The bomb exploded.
- To burst violently as a result of internal pressure.
- To shatter with a loud noise: I threw the vase on the floor and it exploded into tiny pieces.
- To burst forth or break out suddenly and often violently: My neighbor exploded in rage at the trespassers.
- To increase suddenly, sharply, and without control: The population level in this area has exploded during the past 12 years.
- To change state or appearance suddenly: Over the weekend the trees exploded with color.
- To hit a golf ball out of a sand trap with a shot that scatters the sand.
- To cause to release energy or burst violently and noisily: The children exploded three firecrackers.
- To show to be false or unreliable: explode a hypothesis.
- To hit (a golf ball) out of a sand trap with an explosive shot.
- verb - to blow up