Scrabble word: COMMAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMMAND exist?
Definitions of COMMAND in dictionaries:
- noun - an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
- noun - a military unit or region under the control of a single officer
- noun - the power or authority to command
- noun - availability for use
- noun - a position of highest authority
- noun - great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
- noun - (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- verb - be in command of
- verb - make someone do something
- verb - demand as one's due
- verb - look down on
- verb - exercise authoritative control or power over
- To direct with authority; give orders to.
- To have control or authority over; rule: a general who commands an army.
- To have at one’s disposal: a person who commands seven languages.
- To deserve and receive as due; exact: The troops’ bravery commanded respect.
- To exercise dominating, authoritative influence over: “He commands any room he enters” (Stephen Schiff).
- To dominate by physical position; overlook: a mountain commanding the valley below.
- To give orders.
- To exercise authority or control as or as if one is a commander.
- The act of commanding.
- An order given with authority.
- A signal that initiates an operation defined by an instruction.
- The authority to command: an admiral in command.
- Possession and exercise of the authority to command: command of the seas.
- Ability to control or use; mastery: command of four languages.
- Dominance by location; extent of view.
- The jurisdiction of a commander.
- A military unit, post, district, or region under the control of one officer.
- A unit of the U.
- Of, relating to, or constituting a command: command headquarters; a command decision.
- These verbs mean to issue an instruction that must be obeyed.
- verb - to direct with authority