Scrabble word: SLOUGH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLOUGH exist?
Definitions of SLOUGH in dictionaries:
- noun - necrotic tissue
- noun - a hollow filled with mud
- noun - a stagnant swamp (especially as part of a bayou)
- noun - any outer covering that can be shed or cast off (such as the cast-off skin of a snake)
- verb - cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
- A depression or hollow, usually filled with deep mud or mire.
- A stagnant swamp, marsh, bog, or pond, especially as part of a bayou, an inlet, or a backwater.
- A state of deep despair or moral degradation.
- The dead outer skin shed by a reptile or an amphibian.
- A layer or mass of dead tissue separated from surrounding living tissue, as in a wound, a sore, or an inflammation.
- An outer layer or covering that is shed.
- To be cast off or shed; come off.
- To shed a slough.
- To separate from surrounding living tissue.
- verb - to cast off