Scrabble word: SLUG
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLUG exist?
Definitions of SLUG in dictionaries:
- noun - a projectile that is fired from a gun
- noun - a unit of mass equal to the mass that accelerates at 1 foot/sec/sec when acted upon by a force of 1 pound
- noun - a counterfeit coin
- noun - an idle slothful person
- noun - an amount of an alcoholic drink (usually liquor) that is poured or gulped
- noun - a strip of type metal used for spacing
- noun - any of various terrestrial gastropods having an elongated slimy body and no external shell
- noun - (boxing) a blow with the fist
- verb - strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat
- verb - be idle
- A round bullet larger than buckshot.
- A shot of liquor.
- A small metal disk for use in a vending or gambling machine, especially one used illegally.
- A lump of metal or glass prepared for further processing.
- A strip of type metal, less than type-high and thicker than a lead, used for spacing.
- A line of cast type in a single strip of metal.
- A compositor’s type line of identifying marks or instructions, inserted temporarily in copy.
- The unit of mass that is accelerated at the rate of one foot per second per second when acted on by a force of one pound weight.
- Any of various small, snaillike, chiefly terrestrial gastropod mollusks of the genus Limax and related genera, having a slow-moving elongated body with no shell or only a flat rudimentary shell on or under the skin.
- The smooth, soft larva of certain insects, such as the sawfly.
- A slimy mass of aggregated amoeboid cells from which the sporophore of a cellular slime mold develops.
- A sluggard.
- A hard, heavy blow, as with the fist or a baseball bat.
- verb - to strike heavily