Scrabble word: RELIEF
In which Scrabble dictionary does RELIEF exist?
Definitions of RELIEF in dictionaries:
- noun - the feeling that comes when something burdensome is removed or reduced
- noun - the condition of being comfortable or relieved (especially after being relieved of distress)
- noun - (law) redress awarded by a court
- noun - someone who takes the place of another (as when things get dangerous or difficult)
- noun - assistance in time of difficulty
- noun - a pause for relaxation
- noun - a change for the better
- noun - aid for the aged or indigent or handicapped
- noun - the act of reducing something unpleasant (as pain or annoyance)
- noun - sculpture consisting of shapes carved on a surface so as to stand out from the surrounding background
- noun - the act of freeing a city or town that has been besieged
- The easing of a burden or distress, such as pain, anxiety, or oppression.
- Something that alleviates pain or distress.
- Public assistance.
- Aid in time of danger, especially rescue from siege.
- Release from a post or duty, as that of sentinel.
- One who releases another by taking over a post or duty.
- A pleasant or amusing change; a diversion.
- The projection of figures or forms from a flat background, as in sculpture, or such a projection that is apparent only, as in painting.
- A work of art featuring such projection.
- The variations in elevation of an area of the earth’s surface.
- Distinction or prominence due to contrast: “The light brought the white church... into relief from the flat ledges” (Willa Cather).
- Redress awarded by a court.
- A payment made by the heir of a deceased tenant to a feudal lord for the privilege of succeeding to the tenant’s estate.
- noun - aid in the form of money or necessities
There are 6 letters in RELIEF: E E F I L R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to RELIEF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word RELIEF plus a wildcard: RELIEF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word RELIEF
Images for RELIEF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.