Scrabble word: RADIUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does RADIUS exist?
Definitions of RADIUS in dictionaries:
- noun - the length of a line segment between the center and circumference of a circle or sphere
- noun - a straight line from the center to the perimeter of a circle (or from the center to the surface of a sphere)
- noun - a circular region whose area is indicated by the length of its radius
- noun - the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm
- noun - support consisting of a radial member of a wheel joining the hub to the rim
- R, r, rad.
- A line segment that joins the center of a circle with any point on its circumference.
- A line segment that joins the center of a sphere with any point on its surface.
- A line segment that joins the center of a regular polygon with any of its vertices.
- The length of any such line segment.
- A circular area measured by a given radius: every family within a radius of 25 miles of the city center.
- A bounded range of effective activity or influence: the operating radius of a helicopter.
- A radial part or structure, such as a mechanically pivoted arm or the spoke of a wheel.
- A long, prismatic, slightly curved bone, the shorter and thicker of the two forearm bones, located on the lateral side of the ulna.
- A similar bone in many vertebrates.
- noun - a straight line from the center of a circle to the circumference