Scrabble word: PLUNGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLUNGE exist?
Definitions of PLUNGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a brief swim in water
- noun - a steep and rapid fall
- verb - thrust or throw into
- verb - drop steeply
- verb - dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity
- verb - begin with vigor
- verb - cause to be immersed
- verb - fall abruptly
- verb - immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
- verb - devote (oneself) fully to
- To thrust or throw forcefully into a substance or place: “Plunge the lobsters, head first, into a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water” (Craig Claiborne).
- To cast suddenly, violently, or deeply into a given state or situation: “The street was plunged in cool shadow” (Richard Wright).
- To fall or throw oneself into a substance or place: We plunged into the icy mountain lake.
- To throw oneself earnestly or wholeheartedly into an activity or a situation: The students plunged into their examinations.
- To enter or move headlong through something: The hunting dogs plunged into the forest in pursuit of game.
- To descend steeply; fall precipitously: a cliff that plunges to the sea.
- To move forward and downward violently: The disabled aircraft plunged to the ground and burst into flames.
- To speculate or gamble extravagantly.
- The act or an instance of plunging.
- A place or an area, such as a swimming pool, for diving or plunging.
- To begin an unfamiliar venture, especially after hesitating: After a three-year engagement, they’re finally taking the plunge.
- verb - to throw or thrust suddenly or forcibly into something
There are 6 letters in PLUNGE: E G L N P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PLUNGE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PLUNGE plus a wildcard: PLUNGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PLUNGE
Images for PLUNGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.