Scrabble word: PLUNGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLUNGE exist?
Definitions of PLUNGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a brief swim in water
- noun - a steep and rapid fall
- verb - thrust or throw into
- verb - drop steeply
- verb - dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity
- verb - begin with vigor
- verb - cause to be immersed
- verb - fall abruptly
- verb - immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
- verb - devote (oneself) fully to
- To thrust or throw forcefully into a substance or place: “Plunge the lobsters, head first, into a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water” (Craig Claiborne).
- To cast suddenly, violently, or deeply into a given state or situation: “The street was plunged in cool shadow” (Richard Wright).
- To fall or throw oneself into a substance or place: We plunged into the icy mountain lake.
- To throw oneself earnestly or wholeheartedly into an activity or a situation: The students plunged into their examinations.
- To enter or move headlong through something: The hunting dogs plunged into the forest in pursuit of game.
- To descend steeply; fall precipitously: a cliff that plunges to the sea.
- To move forward and downward violently: The disabled aircraft plunged to the ground and burst into flames.
- To speculate or gamble extravagantly.
- The act or an instance of plunging.
- A place or an area, such as a swimming pool, for diving or plunging.
- To begin an unfamiliar venture, especially after hesitating: After a three-year engagement, they’re finally taking the plunge.
- verb - to throw or thrust suddenly or forcibly into something