Scrabble word: MOTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does MOTION exist?
Definitions of MOTION in dictionaries:
- noun - the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
- noun - a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- noun - a change of position that does not entail a change of location
- noun - a state of change
- noun - a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote
- noun - the act of changing location from one place to another
- noun - an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
- verb - show, express or direct through movement
- The act or process of changing position or place.
- A meaningful or expressive change in the position of the body or a part of the body; a gesture.
- Active operation: set the plan in motion.
- The ability or power to move: lost motion in his arm.
- The manner in which the body moves, as in walking.
- A prompting from within; an impulse or inclination: resigned of her own motion.
- Melodic ascent and descent of pitch.
- An application made to a court for an order or a ruling.
- A formal proposal put to the vote under parliamentary procedures.
- A mechanical device or piece of machinery that moves or causes motion; a mechanism.
- To direct by making a gesture: motioned us to our seats.
- verb - to signal by a bodily movement